Tuesday 23 December 2014

Let it pour (52)

I had two Mondays this week. My eyes opened with the sluggishness of having had too much fun. I was very reluctant to get up.  It didn't help that he was just as sleepy as I was. I usually get breakfast ready, clean up and do a round of water for the plants every morning. I thought I'd gotten it down to a tidy rhythm. Then today happened.

I prayed for rain, so that I wouldn't have to leave the house. I know my prayer was opposed to millions of others who have to wade through the city when it floods. The sky did not look hopeful [weather forecast means nothing here. You read the weather by looking up]. But I prayed all the same.

I think God met us half way. The heavens parted and it poured, just enough to cover the daily amount that I needed. However, it was not El Nino type crazy. Plus it happened between 3 & 4pm, late enough to avoid the lunch hour traffic but early enough to avoid the end-of-day crazy. 

It poured and I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment