Sunday 7 December 2014

Food and other stuff (39)

This weekend was about learning. I played around wih the idea of hot chocolate for breakfast. A little flour, hot chocolate, baking powder, oil, coffee and 2 minutes in the microwave. This is what we ended up with.

This is my idea of hot chocolate!
I discovered that I can cook duck with almost no hustle. I just need to marinate it for more than a day! So soy sauce, pineapple (thanks Yvonne) and duck cooked for about an hour make this:



Look like this:



I met a bunch of interesting ladies at a healthy cooking class. There was something said about atta chapatis, Green Garam/spinach masala and tandoori chicken. I was looking for the creamy sauce! I don't think I will ever embrace healthy eating 100%. Gotta have my cream, cheese and ice cream. But I met new people, drove around with the hubby in an old part of town and even squeezed in a 20 min trek through town all before 5:30pm :-) boo ya!

We went to see the Yellows. We had experimented with kale smoothies (I am in love with mint and ginger). We left with a  little healthy food harvest.


No comments:

Post a Comment