Friday 26 December 2014

Experiment: Mug Cakes (55)

I'm still terrified by the gas oven. After 2 half-cooked/burnt cakes, I'm taking a break. So, I'm experimenting with the microwave. Here goes...

Chocolate
In bowl one, I mixed

-baking flour -> 8 tbsp
-sugar -> 6 tbsp
-drinking chocolate -> 5 tbsp
-ground coffee -> 1.5 tbsrecipe ing powder -> 1/2 tsp
-salt -> 1/2 tsp

In bowl two, I mixed 

-eggs -> 2
-vegetable oil -> 2 tbsp
-milk (or water) -> 6 tbsp

I mixed contents from bowl 1 into bowl 2 and then placed the mix in mugs. It took 2 minutes to bake.


Carrot cake

In bowl one, I mixed

-baking flour -> 6 tbsp
-sugar -> 2 tbsp
-baking powder -> 1/4 tsp
-salt -> 1/4 tsp
-cinnamon -> 1/4 tsp
-ginger -> 1/4 tsp

In bowl two, I mixed

-yoghurt -> 6 tbsp
-vegetable oil -> 2 tbsp
-finely grated carrot -> 1/2 a piece

I mixed bowl one into bowl two, placed in mugs and baked for 3 minutes.


I firmly believe that recipes are guidelines, not rules. The original chocolate cake recipe didn't have coffee and was about half these quantities. It also had choclolate sauce. We made strawberry sauce using strawberry cream liquer and yoghurt.  The original carrot cake recipe included 1 tbsp of almonds and 1 tbsp of raisins. I couldn't be bothered to go shopping that early in the morning. We had fun though and a great breakfast.

1 comment: