Sunday 21 December 2014

Good times and Good friends (51)

I've been toying with the idea of a second income stream. Most of the people I know have something on the side; importing cars, running a bakery, running a bridal salon, selling clothes/shoes/bags/cosmetics... The side hustle is the thing to do. 

When I was in school, I took on a job as a research assistant. I was proud of myself for getting a sensible side hustle until my workmates asked me what I do with my time. They knew about school. Apparently, the fact that I was working and studying did not impress them at all. I needed to use my spare time to 'find' money. Studying was not an acceptable activity. The workmate in question had a business that made t-shirts for events. He was also in school. I wonder how he performed. [N.B. of the 16-18 people in my class, 4 graduated on time. The hustle consumed most of our time and energy. ]

In enters Pam, the talented soul that challenged my myopic idea of the side hustle. Today she showed us what you can do with a 7k spray paint can and old glass bottles. Now, I have all I need for the Christmas decor. Thanks Pam. 

In other news, it was good to see the others. I love being home.

2 comments:

  1. victoria [the roommate] taught me how to make snowflakes :)

    come visit us soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do snowflakes make money in Uganda? Naye gwe...

      Delete