Thursday 11 December 2014

20 minutes (42)

The customer care in Kampala, or rather, the lack of it, is legendary. Those people on the other side of the counter act like they own whatever service you are trying to receive. It's like they are doing you a favour by listening to your query. One would wonder who's paying who. So it's refreshing to find people that are decent and helpful. 

Ms Faridah of Orange telecom at Forest Mall, you are awesome. I walked up to her counter and noticed she was pregnant. Pregnant ladies are notorious for their moodiness. Usually they are worse than the other folk. It's as if the whole world is responsible for their discomfort. We are somehow to blame for the swollen ankles, the changing appetite and sweltering heat. But this lady was a star on a dark night. It took her 20 minutes to answer my questions, replace my sim, set up my new modem and prepare my receipt. There was no contempt. She did not assume I spoke Luganda. For an additional 1000/- she actually helped me avoid registration by retaining my number. 

20 minutes is amazing. Especially since a certain other telecom company with a store in the same building took hours to tell me they couldn't do what I needed them to do - I had to go to another shop. Well done Madame. You are awesome!

Glad to find good people.

1 comment: