Sunday 11 January 2015

When I Grow Up (69)

When I was younger, I was sure I had an older sibling. I would get tired of being responsible for the little ones. Then somewhere along the way, I became aware of the cousins. Mum is the youngest of her family and Dad is the second-to-last in his. Thus, we are the babies of the clan. Finally, I had someone to transfer the blame to. And they bought me chocolate. Now the cousins have their own littles, which makes for great practice for the husband and I!

We went to see the Cs, all four of them. The husband was held captive at the lunch table, firmly planted between 1C and 3C. 4C kept asking me for chicken [and everything else. That child eats more than I do!]. 1C showed us how to fly a plane while 3C drove a stunt monster truck and 4C showed me how to play luxor on her PSP. As we watched the sunset, 2C served us afternoon [Chinese] Tea complete with a Chinese tea set. Then we had mango surprise mocktails. Finally,  the evening was crowned with a musical extravaganza: music, dance and drama by the most adorable fairy, lady bug and bumble bee - not forgetting the piano performance by the DJ and Master of Electronics. Children are awesome.



They should never grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment