Tuesday 13 January 2015

Baking Mad (70)

We're experimenting with bread now. I discovered that I can actually control the happenings in the gas oven, mainly by watching things cook. I've also learnt that making bread is easier than I thought. Yeast + warm water + salt + sugar + flour and lots of love and warmth and time to rise. This is what we got. 


The next plan is to step up to a bread maker. $100 or $200 to get it and we can have freshly made bread everyday.


I asked him if he was as excited as  I was about it. He says bread is bread. The smells and tastes are not too different. But he likes this type because my hands made it. awww...

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww! And Wow! That was quite the success! What recipee did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the recipe I used. Replaced shortening with margarine and couldn't find packs of yeast so I bought a tin and weighed 10 g per batch.

      http://breadbaking.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/1loafbread.htm

      Delete
    2. Forgot to mention that I added half a cup of raisins. Love raisins.

      Delete