Saturday 3 January 2015

Like Mum (63)

The older I get, the more like Mum I tend to become. So that notion I had that I was unique and special and blah blah blah is totally out of the window. It makes me wonder what the grand parents were like. Then, I'd know what to expect at 80 or 90! 



We were harvesting beans and veggies yesterday. I experimented with kale smoothie, which surprisingly got the husband's seal of approval. It was surprising because I'd thrown breadfruit into the mix too. I don't think he's that familiar with it but we survived. 

I'm thinking about planting more veggies in my little space. The neighbour decided that I needed cucumbers and gave me some of her seeds. She's even promised to help me plant support for them once the tendrils grow. It needs to rain soon. Then we can experiment again.

We tried out a cassava cake today. Apparently, it's a popular dessert in the Philippines. I expected to taste more coconut, after dumping a whole can of coconut milk in the batter. Maybe I'll put more effort into finding coconut flavouring next time. I think I might add shavings as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment