Thursday 22 January 2015

Wedding things (77)

I'm doing things in reverse.  I never went through the nail-biting drama of trying dresses on, not knowing what to expect with each try. I did walk for a few hours to pick out shoes and bags. But I did not have to face an audience and hope for kindness. I did not have people poking and prodding.

So when I get to see that side of life through the eyes of another, I am glad for what I (didn't) go through. I was glad to help. And even gladder that she found her dress, I think. Now we shall pray that mother and daughter shall not wear each other out as each tries to live out her vision of the 'perfect' day.

In other news, I saw my first blue velvet cake today. Drew and Jack Pattiserie, if only I wasn't going through a low carb phase... 

No comments:

Post a Comment