Thursday 15 January 2015

Rest (72)

Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"   
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD. 
You have filled my heart with greater joy 
than when their grain and new wine abound. 
I will lie down and sleep in peace, 
for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:6-8
Perhaps I have eaten too much or too little (either makes me really drowsy). Perharps the heat is finally getting to me and I am in a self-imposed utopia to escape the crazy heat of the day/night. Or perhaps I really am happy. Like a cloud in the sky floating away on a sunny day.

Isaiah says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You." I have not held my end of the bargain. I cannot claim that my mind is indeed steadfast, at least not for the majority of the day. I've been busy quizzing myself about life and busying myself with strife. But still He says, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Sweet Joy. I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment