Friday 9 January 2015

How we be (67)

I woke up this morning because the light was on. Then someone spraying something that I later learnt was insecticide. This was followed by clapping sounds and stomping of feet. I buried my head further under the covers and prayed for sleep to return. So, the husband was waging war against malaria carriers. We've managed to avoid or evade them. But the nights are getting hotter and we live quite close to the lake. Today was the D-day. We've secured the fort and installed the net. We've locked up the entry/exit points. We've sprayed poisons to confuse and diffuse the enemy. This is war!

In other news, I have a new hair cut and he did it all himself. I'm never going back to hair salons ever. He says my hair doesn't grow straight. It curves and bends all over the place. He called me his African Queen. Now I look the part. 


We also made bread today. I need to make sure I stick to 30 minutes baking time. The interior is delish but the exterior is a bit, well, crusty... Will make attempt 2 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment