Saturday 1 November 2014

Stay Connected (9)

No. I am not going to lament or praise the existence of social networks, their apparent/actual power and my involvement in it, or lack of. I'm talking about doing more than just talking.

I was able to book a ticket home at 18:30 while walking down the street. A mere 10 or 15 years ago, it would have taken 10 days and not 10 minutes to achieve this. I would not have had as many options. 

I'm paid my bills while watching a movie. During breakfast, I helped my sister edit a muy importante document. The cousins updated me on a wedding meeting for one of the cousins. 

When I was born in, my father relied on our grand old radio to connect us to the world. we got dial-up in '95, or thereabouts. I actually learnt how to use MS DOS and Windows 3.11. I am a pro at minesweeper. I was scared when ME came along. All that colour overwhelmed me.

Today I connected with home: I spoke to him, booked my ticket and shared a joke with them.




















I was glad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment