Wednesday 12 November 2014

IT's all about people (19)

I am glad I met Mr Ali. My computer is a useless pile of junk. However, he never stops hoping. He still pursues the elusive miracle solution. Today he tried more than 10 pages worth of trouble shooting drama. Tomorrow he says he will have a consultation with an even more senior guru.

I did not like the idea of a call centre in Bogota or Jakarta dealing with my computer issues because we just never seemed to be on the same page. Now, I know why I was uncomfortable.  Meeting Mr Ali has reminded me of why face-to-face conversations matter. Mr Walter, his office-mate offered me coffee. I'm more of a tea person but the thought was sweet. Then, there's Ms S who  tirelessly answers the door whenever I knock. She's not handling my issue but she is courteous and patient when I can't find Mr Ali. It is a pleasant surprise to see the faces behind the emails and online chats. IT IS all about people!

No comments:

Post a Comment