Friday 14 November 2014

Plane Living (21)

"If you must travel for 23 hours, let it be comfortable." I am quickly and quietly locking that mantra into my system. 

Check in online before the flight. It's the best way to avoid sitting between Dutch who insist on having a Dutch conversation over your head. 

Showing up early for international flights helps. At 2 hours before departure, security and all of that was 15 mins [including all the undressing, unpacking, dressing and repacking]. 

Frequent flyer programs are a serious fad amongst travellers. People subscribe to these clubs almost religiously. There's competition over how many and what type of programs people are on as well as the various levels. "How many miles do you have?" I was just glad for a comfy place to put my bottom and a glass of cold fresh juice as I waited in between flights. 

Try not to fly the same plane 3 times in the same month. The movies don't change that often. Or plan for your own entertainment. 

Warm bread makes a huge difference to a meal. The desserts are too sweet. Why do they assume we all eat egg for breakfast?

Sleep! You're losing time as you travel. There's no point losing sleep and rest.

I survived.  I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment