Thursday 30 October 2014

It's electric! (7)

Today's Daddy's birthday! Sixty Five and he's in a different country every week! He broke his arm a few weeks ago but still managed to sneak in a trip to Ohio via Dubai. I still wonder how he signed immigration forms with a broken right arm. He is right handed. 

When I was doing my undergrad, he swore that as soon as I graduate and get a job, he would retire. "I cannot sit through the same interviews as you!" He just got a new job this year :-) and I would never ever be able to compete against him for that position.

Electricity meters by various inventors (Courtesy of the Smithsonian Museum of American History)
In honour of all things Daddy, I visited the  Museum of American History. He loves history, the study of electricity and electric cars. They had an interesting display on the development of electricity in the US.

There were electric cars in 1904! (Courtesy of Smithsonian Museum of American History)
I called home to wish him a happy birthday. Apparently, mum had a dinner date planned :-) ♡♡♡ *electric*

I was glad.

Long live the man who never stops living [and his young-at-heart Madame]!!



No comments:

Post a Comment