Monday 27 October 2014

Shopping! Shopping! Shopping! (4)

I love flea markets! I could spend hours  shopping for household items! Even when I don't have a house to take it to :-) 

Today I was extremely lazy and over ate, which made me even lazier. I had actually snuggled into bed and covered my head, ready to let the day go. Then you convinced me to trek across town to the market. I knew you would not be happy knowing I was sleeping in on such a beautiful day. I was glad I got up.


I am lucky that at home I don't have flea markets this extensive every weekend. I would be so broke! I'm used to the farmers' fresh produce, jewellery and little trinkets. But the mirrors and furniture were awesome.  It's not the easiest thing to find a carpenter you can trust in Kampala! This was so much better than browsing through overpriced furniture stores.


So, later, I thought I would try a movie. I chose to walk back to China town (I get to see more that way) and bumped into a botanical garden!


The movie was meh. 4 things were confirmed though; American small is not small, pee before a 2 hour + movie, I am definitely not thrilled by action movies and I made the right decision when I chose not to do medicine. To console myself, I indulged in Haagen-Dazs. Life was good again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment