Tuesday 28 October 2014

People (5)

I am unaccustomed to being spoilt by others so much that I used to be suspicious and almost hostile towards people who tried to do so. Of course this was a private struggle. I do not speak often, so my hostility, and resulting silence, could have been read by others as timidity or frigidness, depending on what you were trying to achieve. People rarely seem to mean what they say, fuelling my decision to distrust them, especially when they are too nice. 

I find myself living in an establishment filled with nice people and, surprisingly, I m not suspicious! They open the door for you, chat with you and wish you a good day. They notice your clothes and hair. They offer to turn your bed down before you sleep while leaving a few chocolate slabs on your pillow. They may be paid to do it but they do it with so much grace and happiness. I have paid more and been treated worse in other places. So, today, I thank God for these small favours on the days when being away from home hits me harder than usual.

I am glad that you chose to spoil me everyday, for the rest of your days. 


See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment