Wednesday 29 October 2014

Daddy (6)

I heard pride, in your unique way, for the first time in a while. It is mostly my fault that I haven't heard from you as often as I should. I need to call more often.

Your voice took me back to a Sunday afternoon in January 1999. It was a good day for several reasons. It was my 12th birthday. It was also the date of the confirmation of my faith in Christ and membership of the Anglican Church. 

However, I remembered this day because you were smiling. It was the day my PLE results were released. You were celebrating the fact that my name was on the list of top performers on the front page of the local daily. You were happy and proud.

There have been other moments of happy pride but, for some reason your voice made me feel like I was 12 again. You made me happy.



I was glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment