Friday 24 October 2014

Smoothies, Parliaments and Emails (1)

Today I walked 25 minutes to a Smoothie King. I was introduced to some sort of berry punch. Happiness in a cup (without the guilt of hot chocolate or the bitterness of coffee)!

I was glad.

I walked through the home of the American experiment of democracy. This is a place where the government of the USA is tested and tried. Here they wrestle with truth/laws/pain/dream/fear/hope... I am a sceptic of the US foreign policy. But I will give them credit. They're doing a good job of looking after their own. Something we could learn from them...


I talked to her today. We had a conversation across time and space. In her darkness and my sunshine, we shared a joke about professors and French. She asked me to pick something for her from the store. We talked about the old dog who runs our house (he's a real dog and we are terrified of him).


I was glad.

2 comments: