Wednesday 4 February 2015

Strange things (89)

I've been warned against running too much because it messes up the knees. I can't do aerobics every day. I don't like them enough to commit to a daily routine. So I thought I'd to try swimming. I found a pool that's clean. I don't agree with the price or the fact that I can't get a weekly or monthly membership but it's a start. I went and did a few laps today. For someone who hasn't been in the water for almost 10 years, I think I wasn't too shabby. 

Eventually, though, I need to get over the fact that there are people who go to pools to watch others swim. I must ignore their sly smiles as I drop my towel and head for the pool. I must remember that I'm there for a good work out. And even when another lady jumps into the pool to do laps alongside me, I must remember it isn't a competition. I will not bend to the chants from the onloookers. 

Now I feel like it's more of a work out for my mind and self assertiveness [or whatever] than it is for my muscles. Will I return surely? It is a very clean pool... Ten years later and it's like I'm back in the campus pool with bored students watching. Life doesn't get old..

In other exciting news, we tried out another recipe today: chicken and mushroom soup. Yes. I made the bread too.


No comments:

Post a Comment