Tuesday 3 February 2015

Services. Delivered (88)

I realised that I have a lot of comments about the way I am treated when purchasing a product or service. Perhaps, because good treatment is such a rare find, I feel I ought to mention it when I am fortunate enough to find it. 

Yesterday, I went to buy a fan [because the rain won't fall at my request]. My adventure led me to Capital Shoppers [again I thank the employers for being so generous with shopping vouchers]. The first attendant I spoke to was bothered by my interest. I seemed to be interrupting her midday nap. Her colleague on the other hand went above and beyond her call of duty. She packed the fan, helped me jump the queue at the teller and even offered to carry it out for me [it wasn't that heavy and I'm not physically challenged in anyway. There was no tip, because Ugandans generally don't tip. She was just being nice]. AbaCapital Muwangale!

On my way home I was surprised to find Mukyala Musisi's boys installing solar powered street lights along our village path. I was humbled that the almighty KCCA deemed us worthy of their attention. 


Mukyala Musisi, may you live long and prosper [I'm assuming that since the Lord Mayor is still trying to regain his position and power after almost 3 years of inactivity, this has nothing to do with him].

No comments:

Post a Comment