Tuesday 24 March 2009

Ambushed by Joy

I have been fortunate enough to see joy in those around me

It’s in the eyes of a child when his father or mother picks him up an swings him around

It’s on the face of he whose beloved is in sight or in thought


It’s in the sunrise, as the sun’s radiance flushes the darkness away

It’s in the rain, refreshingly real

It’s in the laughter of friends

And in the hands of the dedicated worker


It’s in my father’s smile when he speaks of me

And in my mother’s warm embrace

And in Sunday lunch


I see it around me

Everywhere

But I still fight it;

I keep it from getting into me

Afraid that it may be a passing illusion

A child’s game

Fool’s play


Then you came along and I yearn for it once more

I did not see or expect it


My choice was to walk this path with you


Your gift for me was


Joy

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm...u have been posting "romantic" pieces of late..are u in love?
    if so am happy for u..if not,hop u do so ASAP..its a wonderful feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil-am def in love but not in the sense that u mean. God is my lover, hence the poetry. & He will probably b the only lover i have for a while.

    ReplyDelete