Sunday 24 March 2013

[humble] submission

The truth is I am unaware of what truth really is.
Hence, I am incapable of thinking with ease.
I am a child and childish in my ways;
Side-to-side, like a pendulum, my head sways.
Thus, it seems sensible to deny me the right to choose;
for whatever choice I make, I always end up at the noose.
Every word I speak, my ignorance betrays;
as I look to you with my ever-naive expectant gaze.
I can't be trusted with my own future.
What, after all do I know about how to nurture?
It is unlikely that I have dreams of my own
or that I will, by myself, become anything better than a clown.
My hopes and aspirations are, at best, a little better than jokes
in addition, I am constantly battling with doubts.
Youthful passion and drive leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth
I will try my best to drive those demons out.
Everytime I speak up I am treated to your familiar frown.
So I will settle myself and calm down.
It's pointless for me to fight you.
Like you said, you are the best at what you do.
Someday, I wonder who decides when, I will be able to stand on my own.
I will have understanding and make my first decision.
Until that day, I will lay my restless head on your shoulder.
I will trust you and follow you, o great leader.
I have but one question, then I will be silent forever
Who decided when it was time for you to take over?

No comments:

Post a Comment