Saturday 18 April 2009

Check your mail, friend

Hullo friend, it’s been a while
I’ve been speaking but you won’t listen to me
I’ve been weeping but you won’t comfort me
I was hurt but you would not see it
So I shouted but you couldn’t hear me
I reached out for an simple embrace but you were never in that place
(I thought you weren’t interested so I changed my approach)

I asked, I spoke, I waited; but there was never a response
I joked, I laughed; but you never joined in
I asked how you spent the last 24 hours
But you wouldn’t spare me 12 seconds for a reply
(So I gave up)

I’m beginning to think there is more than just space between us
Maybe you find my style hideous or I upset you in some way
I just wanted to share times with a friend
But you were to busy, too bored, or too tired to reply
It’s 5 years (1825 days, 43,800 hours, 2,628,000 minutes, 157,680,000 seconds) too late, friend
but if you’re still interested, check your mail

7 comments:

  1. If only I knew you knew me five years ago! This is beautiful Ama, you should write a book. an anthology would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i checked my email and ther was nara...
    so wats teh sad story behingd this write?anyone who refused to keep in touch,oba...

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS SAD BUT I HAVE VCHECKED NOW... YOU ARE AROUND, IOTS BEEN AWHILE

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry peolple are like that they dont care. but then who cares? your heart is calling be strong and have hope. i like what you do. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just thinking, what's d point of life if it's not shared?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is sad...life is sad...baah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when people leave yo life, let them go

    ReplyDelete