Tuesday 8 July 2014

African Safari

I find myself in the midst of conflicting thoughts. On one hand, I do not celebrate the way that we have been put on display. I do not like that our culture and norms are now a hilarious dance show or how our fauna and flora have been enslaved in an interminable circus.

On the other hand, I find myself slightly insulted when “they” belittle our efforts to survive the struggle. I agree. It’s ludicrous to squander wealth so as to “see” beauty. Is it not he who is blind who must pay to see? Have you not been given eyes by He who is the seer of all? If you are not blind, then why must you pay? 

However, seeing as we have limited creativity in our coffers I beg-o, let us have this laugh. Let us convince "them" that “they” are blind, so that “they” can pay us to see. Do not show “them” the foolishness of “their” ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment